Amazon Product Photography, Product Photography, Products on White Photography
How to take Perfect Product Photos on a White Background for E-commerce Store
Introduction: Photography is both a skill and an art and to achieve perfection in either of the aspects one has to put in a considerable amount of effort. If your dream is to rub shoulders with the amazon products photographers, you need more than just a DSLR, that’s for sure. It often takes days or even months for that perfect click, even for the best in business out there. Recently, Ecommerce Product Photography has been in much demand. Companies are looking for shutterbugs that can capture captivating and mesmerizing photos of their products. The sheer brilliance of the product visual should be able to induce a want/craving in the average naïve web surfer so much so that he/she is compelled to buy the product. How to take product photos with white background photography is what works best in these situations. Apart from accentuating and enhancing the vivid details of the product, it also makes the commodity look sophisticated and subtle. But handling a white background is not everyone’s cup of tea because it requires a certain degree of finesse. So, here are a couple of tips which can prove to be a guide as well as an aid in your quest for that perfect click-Let’s Discuss Each Point in Detail
White Background Photography for Ecommerce
1) Procure the Right MaterialsFirst and foremost, it is quintessential that you have the right things to start with. Here we list some of them-
- Clamp Lights
- 100 Watt Daylight Light Bulbs
- Photo Editing Software
2) Be Immaculate with the Set-upOnce you have got the right equipment to go about it, you also need to make sure that the whole set-up is just perfect for capturing impeccable images. Here we have a few recommendations to ensure that your photos turn out to be just how you want them to –
- Always click more photos than you think you require. That way you will have more variety to choose from.
- Go for a tri-illumination, ie- use three lamps- one on top and two on either side
- Refrain from using flash
- Eliminate all other light sources except the lamps from the room.
3) Create a Perfect White BackgroundThere are several options available when it comes to setting up a products on white background. You need to choose according to your requirements and a level-headed sense of judgment is what is needed here. From paper sweeps from Amazon to poster boards from your local art store, take your pick with ease.
4) The Importance of Bounce CardsBasic physics comes into play here. Anything which is illuminated by a light source (against a white background) from one side will cast a shadow on the opposite side. This is where bounce cards come in. More often than not shadow is quite dark and eventually ends up messing up the aesthetics of the visual. White bounce cards made up of foam boards reflect light on the shadowy portion, thus reducing the awkwardness. Alternatively, black foam boards can be used to make shadows more prominent if a white product is being shot against a white background.
5) Configuring the CameraIt is paramount that you apply the appropriate configuration and settings in the piece of equipment that you will actually use to capture Product Photos, ie- your camera. Here are a few useful suggestions to implement-
- Use the setting ‘Auto’ in white balance.
- As has been mentioned before, turn off the flash
- As far as image settings go, use either ‘Raw’ or the highest JPG settings your camera possesses so that your camera can utilize the full bit depth.