Product Photography, Products on White Photography
6 Top Alternatives to White Background Product Photography
No customer or business will ever deny the importance of product photography for the eCommerce website. Imagine you went to any retail store to buy a product and all you get is a salesperson describing the product in great detail. Now, will you make the purchase just by listening to its features? Will you not want to have a look at the actual product before making the purchase?
The greatest flaw of product descriptions either done in writing or by any salesperson in a retail store is that people, in general, are not very good with descriptions. Their ability to describe anything as they see it varies a great deal from one person to another. So, before making a purchase a customer would like to see the product first to examine product details and understand it better.
This establishes the importance of product photography in online selling. You have tried hard to make an amazing product and now is the time to show it in great detail. Online selling needs both an accurate description, that is possibly attainable, and product photography.
Things to Keep in Mind While Doing e-Commerce Product Photography
Amazon product photography service has some prerequisites that have to be followed. But the focus is mainly on capturing the products in such a way that it appeals to the customers. So, some tips will surely help-
- While doing product photography be mindful of the fact that here product is the main focus and is clicked for selling purposes so the details matter. It’s better to take 4 or 5 photographs that provide an accurate view of the product from different angles.
- High-definition images are preferred. The more closed and detailed view of the product, the easier it will be to decide for the customer about making a purchase or not.
- For e-commerce businesses, product photography on a white background is preferable. It’s the most widely used background in professional product photography.
- Product photography cost varies a great deal based on the choice of the photography background and other factors like lights, etc. If you don’t wish to go with the usual white or black backgrounds then it’s going to cost a bit more than usual.
6 Top Alternatives to a White Background that can be Used for a Different Effect
Can anyone deny the usefulness of product photography? Certainly Not. Visual impact created by pictures undoubtedly helps the blatant description done in writing. Visuals create more impact than text and amplify the overall effect when combined with the appropriate text. Different products require a different set of arrangements, lighting, and backgrounds.
Background matters. It can either enhance or completely spoil the image and its usefulness. You need to select a background that accentuates the product, not one that overlaps it. The white background is the most preferable choice. You can choose a different background to get the desired effect from a wide range of options. Have a look-
- Black Background: It can be used for luxury products like makeup items, jewelry, etc. to create that sophisticated look while maintaining the focus on the product.
- Solid Colors: A plain single-color background adds a fun element and makes the image appear lively. Two-toned colors can also be used in the background if two dimensions are used, it is useful when capturing a shot of furniture. The colors can be selected in a way that matches the brand identity.
- Wood/Tiles: Wood or tiles make a very creative background choice giving the image a homely yet rustic appearance. Different options are available in wood and tiles both and you can select a good match according to your brand.
- Contextual Backgrounds: This background choice helps. As it gives a fair idea to the customer that how that product will appear in a real day-to-day setting.
- Patterns: Pattern background can add flair to any product image. Be careful while using patterns as a background choice because they might cause distraction from the actual product.
- Neutrals: Neutrals are always a great choice as the focus will always be on the product never on the background.
Bokeh and textures backgrounds can also be used if the product is a luxury item. These two backgrounds are primarily used in jewelry product photography. Bokeh is when the background of the image is blurred to achieve the desired effect by shifting all the focus on the product.
Texture background is richly used in jewelry photography or case of other luxury items like perfumes. As it creates aesthetically pleasing images. You can be very creative in making these backgrounds choice that can vary from fabrics to leaves, grass, sand, and many more. Almost anything goes if it looks good.
These alternative background choices will not only enhance the product appeal but will also set you apart from your competitors. A tad bit of creativity infused in the images that too without compromising on the clarity of the product in the images will certainly go a long way.
In the end
The challenges of selling your products online are mainly because the customer is not able to see the product directly. Your e-commerce business should aim to provide a clear idea about the specifications of the product with the provided description and images. Any ambiguity will either annoy or confuse the customers and waste their time and them leaving your website without making a purchase even if they wanted to.